There is much in roscoe's post that makes sense and I can agree with, but his concluding statement is absolute horse puckey. Biden's policies are intentionally making the problems worse and not addressing it in ways that are in any way shape or form humane. It's addressing it (or rather ignoring it) in ways that encourage crime and inhumanity on both sides of a non-existent border and moves us further and further from any sort of equitable and just solutions:Obviously, Biden didn't make this problem - he inherited it. But he is trying to address it in a way that is effective, but also humane.
1) address the demands for illicit drugs - he's not doing that
2) address the demands for cheap labor - he's not doing that
3) make legal immigration for deserving and law-abiding immigrants faster and easier - he's not doing that
4) stop supporting tyrannical and elitist governments - he's not doing that
5) convict and incarcerate criminals - he's not doing that
6) support law enforcement agencies that only wish to enforce the law - he's not doing that
Biden's policy failures are a long list of not doing what must be done. There are no miracle solutions. But any solution requires doing. Not doing is not going to result in any kind of solution. Only a problem that continues getting worse. Whether it's inherited or whatever is irrelevant. It exists. So what works. What the Trump administration did during his years was at least working in some limited ways. Incomplete yes, but at least with some progress being made toward some solutions to some problems listed above.